Monday, September 5, 2011

LIVING OFF FACEBOOK

Today I hope will be an epoch in my life; the day I chose to deactivate my Facebook account for a month; yes you heard me right - a long whole month without Facebook *smh. Well, don't start wondering why it's such a big deal to me considering some of you have abandoned Facebook for Twitter since so many many moons ago, it's just that this is the first time I'll be trying this, and you know how tricky first times can be *winks, I'm starting to get unnecessarily attached to the site and it's becoming more like a dope, before I know it, I might get addicted and wouldn't be able to live without a Facebook fix at least every 5 minutes; I'll be such a miserable junky. *yuck, I just hate to think about it.


Over the past months, I have logged on to Facebook and stayed longer reading posts and responding to comments longer than I had spent with my Bible in a year. And that just got me thinking, what am I doing to myself? I'm gradually becoming an addict and to make the matter worse, the addiction is now noticeable around the nice, since most people now go around with their Qwerty phones chatting away their lives. And just so that you Blogospherians might know, I'm not the one to flock with the pack, So I have decided to deactivate my account for this month.
So am on a thirty - day home run to living off Facebook. God help me though. Because even though I had only deactivated my account for 30 minutes, I find myself getting drawn to this monster. So I guess it's going to take a lot of getting used to, and more of your prayers. *heaves, it's going to be one heck of a month. God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do think?